The Biagiotti Progetto Arte Foundation is pleased to announce its participation in the WELCOME DAY 2015, organized by the TAA Onlus at Palazzo Vecchio in Florence.
On that occasion, the Foundation will receive a special reward by the TAA for its work in support of young artists in Italy and abroad.
– 5:00 pm – Opening and public seating
– 5:15 pm – Opening remarks by the two Co-Presidents of the Tuscan American Association Onlus, Andrea L. Davis and Federico Frediani
– 5:25 pm – Remarks by the Mayor of Florence, Mr. Dario Nardella
– 5:35 pm – Remarks by the Consul General of the United States in Florence, Ms. Abigail M. Rupp
– 5:45 pm – Dance performance offered by the Florence Dance Company with an introduction by its co-artistic directors Keith Ferrone and Marga Nativo
– 6:10 pm – Presentation of the Tuscan American Award. Award presented by Consul General Rupp to Mr. Marco Carrai, President of Toscana Aeroporti SpA
– 6:20 pm – Award presented by Mayor Nardella to the American artist Mr. Joseph S. Sheppard
– 6:30 pm A special recognition will be given to the Fondazione Biagiotti Progetto Arte, to be accepted by its President and co-artistic director Caterina Biagiotti
– 6:40 pm – Remarks by Mr. Sandro Mencucci, Executive Managing Director of ACF Fiorentina, who will introduce the new Serie A female soccer team, the “Fiorentina Women’s Football Club”.
– 7:00 pm – Closing number of the Florence Dance Company
SPECIAL REWARD BY THE TAA 2015 FOR THE BIAGIOTTI PROGETTO ARTE FOUNDATION
The Tuscan American Association Onlus is proud to give this special recognition to the Foundation Biagiotti Progetto Arte. The Foundation has its origins in an art gallery opened in 1997 by Carole Biagiotti and Caterina Biagiotti, known for their value of labor support and promotion of Contemporary art. In 2012 the gallery has been transformed into a private non-profit foundation, with Carole and her daughter Caterina as the artistic directors. The Foundation is dedicated to research and exhibition of contemporary art, and in particular the promotion of young artists, both Italian and foreigner, and acts as a bridge expanding cultural ties between Florence and the United States through various artistic exchanges. His program includes photographic works, videos, installations, street art, painting and performances, with solo and group exhibitions. The Foundation has assisted young emerging artists to collaborate with some of the most important cultural institutions and museums in Italy and the United States, including the Museum of Art and Design in New York, the E. Sackler Center for Feminist Art at the Brooklyn Museum, the Center for Contemporary Art “Luigi Pecci” in Prato, and the Centro di Cultura Contemporanea Strozzina at the Fondazione Strozzi in Florence. The Foundation also supports numerous public events, such as readings and direct contact with students of universities and schools, all with the aim to promote the contemporary cultural scene.
Accepting reward Caterina Biagiotti, President of the Foundation.
TAA Welcome Day 2015
Palazzo Vecchio, Salone dei Cinquecento – Firenze
Tuesday October 13th 2015, 5 p.m.